Monday, September 2, 2013

Protective styling, one month so far...

Hey guys! 
Coming to you with a brief update. As you all know from previous posts, I have been wearing an install of Mongolian kinky curly hair purchased from a vendor out of Virginia. I have had it in for just about a month and I am still loving it! I co wash this hair once weekly with my favorite conditioner tresemme naturals moisturizing conditioner. Products that I have used on this hair are still miss Jessie's pillow soft curls for definition and miss Jessie's jelly soft curls for a bit of hold. I think I may switch up the product use are far as styling goes, and try some other products I would use on my real hair. Once I figure out what works best, ill post and let you know.  I have a TINY bit of my hair out on the top and I take care of that the same way I would without the weave. I usually twist it up at night.
As of right now this hair is doing wonderfully with minimal shedding. I anticipate leaving this hair in until early October. Maybe longer. I would really like to obtain some length and see how fast my hair can grow within 6 months of no heat and no manipulation. My goal by year 4 of my hair journey is to be halfway to mid back length :-/ ( when stretched) we shall see! 
Let me know of there are more questions! Ttyl
-Dani



2 comments:

  1. Do you find that it takes a while for your scalp to dry thoroughly with you co-washing once a week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! My hair does take a long time to dry. My scalp, I have no issues with. It usually takes my hair about a day or so to dry 100%! But I find that co washing provides great moisture. No as for the upcoming winter months I won't be co washing as frequently. Hope this helps!

      Delete