Friday, June 20, 2014

Guest feature: Meet fellow natural Imani!!

1. Please introduce yourself!

My name  is Imani and I am a student  of life! I love learning new things and I love learning about natural health (mental, physical and emotional causes of health) and about the pregnancy process. I am a Doula, a birth assistant for women during and after pregnancy.  I am also a Natural Health Consultant and I make beautiful earrings by the name of Eyecatchers Designs.  

I love being buried in a book, writing in my journal, making funny faces,hanging with friends and family and thoroughly enjoying myself at concerts . 

2. Why did you decide to go natural/ become chemical free?

I was always a fan of afros and locs! They are so beautiful to me. I had a friend ask me was I natural and my response was "huh?" lol.  She explained and encouraged me to go natural. I went home and watched youtube and I had the thought "This makes a lot of sense!  No more creamy crack for me!" :)

Going natural was not difficult for me at all, once my mind is set I go with the flow. I was only getting perms 2-3 times a year anyways. My perm was not my identity or an ego booster for me.

3. How would you describe your natural hair texture?

My hair is curly and just like any other natural, my hair does what she wants and the texture changes from time to time and depending on the weather.


4. Describe your most recent style regimen within the last month.

Style regimen.....lol
I don't have one of those, I tie my fro up at night in a pineapple and in the morning, I tease it with oil and take advantage of the shower steam.  My latest concoction was given to me by my little sister. It consists of almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and drops of lemon and lavender oil for scent. 

5. What are your go to hairstyle(s)?

I am pretty simple with my hairstyles, I like fros, braidouts, twists and mohawks.  Whenever my hair is being uncooperative I just wear a puff until wash day :)

6. Do you have a specific wash regimen?

I do not have a regimen. When I was my hair I use Shea Moisture shampoo and conditioner. When I condition I put on a plastic cap for a couple of hours and then I rinse with cold water.

7. What are some of your favorite hair products?

I love shea moisture products, that is the only hair product I use. I might need to explore other options if I get bored but I loooove their line.  I always use olive oil and lemongrass oil.

8. Do you have any natural hair goals?

My natural hair goal is to keep is to keep it healthy and let it grow on its own without any interference of special tricks or products.

Imani's beauty jewelry can be viewed and purchased at eyecatchers.bigcartel.com . You can also find her on IG @wheatgrass_scorp :-)

Thank you so much Imani for being and inspiration to women (young and old)!!! 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment