Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Essential oils for natural hair/skin

Good morning!!!!!
Essential oils are natural oils that are used for everyday things, and can even be used for skin & hair.
Essential oils include: jojoba oil, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, grapseed oil, castor oil, mustard seed oil and etc. My favorite oil hands down is coconut oil. Coconut oil is one of the only proven oils that can actually penetrate the hair shaft and strengthen from within. Coconut oil gives sheen, and also is very light and not  "greasy" feeling.  I usually use coconut oil all year around, and it's a good oil to use when trying to seal moisture into the hair. coconut oil can be used just to give hair extra shine! I purchase my coconut oil from Walmart in the cooking aisle. Coconut oil is also excellent for the skin, and I use it on my body from time to time. There are other places coconut oil can be purchased, including online shops and specialty markets like whole foods or markets. From time to time I use EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), when I'm making homemade  deep conditioners and/or doing hot oil treatments. EVOO is great for strengthening the hair also, but it doesn't penetrate the hair shaft, like coconut oil. What are some of your favorite essential oils? Let me know! Comment and subscribe! Thanks guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment