Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Summer hair regimen vs. winter hair regimen

Hey guys! Sorry I've been away for so long. I've been really busy with work, school & my new business ventures.
With winter behind us, spring here and summer approaching, I thought I'd give a quick summary of my regimen for warm weather!

Wash day- I will still continue to co-wash my hair once a week, because I've found the moisture levels in my hair are better in doing this. Still using my trusty As I Am coconut co wash. I use a sulphate free shampoo once a month and do a ACV rinse (apple cider vinegar) once a month to remove buildup.
My usage of products will stay the same. I don't use any products that contain protein, because my hair is protein sensitive as I've discussed in previous posts. I use water based, products, and most of the products I use contain glycerin & oils. I will still be using the "LOC" methods, although I've kind of switched that method around to LCO instead of LOC. I've found that my hair responds better, and holds more moisture if I use liquid, cream & then an oil of my choice, which is usually coconut oil. I have to moisturizer my hair every day or every other day. My hair gets very dry very fast , so it's important to moisturizer often!
I spray my hair everyday with water before I apply any products for moisturizing. In the summer I probably will wear my hair out wet more. Not a wash n go because I hate those for my coily hair, but it takes my hair FOREVER to dry after a night of washing and prepping for the week.
What are your summer hair regimens? What do you guys, do differently in the summer than you do in the winter? Let me know!!!!
-Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment