Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Protective style challenge, starting August 2013

Good morning all! 
I will be starting a protective style challenge in a couple days. This challenge will be from August of 2013 and will end February 2014. So this will go on for approximately 5 months. 

This challenge will consist of protective styles only, that I will be wearing my hair in consistently. Mostly weaves and maybe braids. This Thursday I will be having a kinky curly weave installed and will be keeping it in for 8 weeks max. (2 months). In between the weaves, I will be giving my hair breaks periodically for 2 weeks at the most. During the breaks, I will be trimming my ends, deep conditioning, and making sure my hair is cared for, before braiding it back up for a sew in. So consistently; I will be protective styling, taking a break, protective styling,taking a break  and etc. until February of next year. My goal is to see not only how long my hair will get within that 5-6 month timeframe but to see how effective weave actually will be for my hair, and how effective not using heat is. Once I get my hair installed this weekend, I will post pictures and show & tell!  There will be a post to follow on "How to care for your natural hair under weaves". Let me know if you guys have any questions. Thanks for reading!

-Dani

2 comments:

  1. I wanna join I wonder how much length u can retain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be surprised at how much length you will retain when you hair is tucked away for a couple weeks! Join me! You won't regret it

      Delete