Extra virgin coconut oil is an awesome product that I have been using off and on for over 2 years. I use this product for my skin and my hair. I thought I'd come by and provide you guys with a few health and beauty benefits from using extra virgin coconut oil.
1. Skin- coconut oil helps to suppress dry, itchy skin. It helps those with psoriasis and eczema especially. I have mild to moderate eczema all over my body. Coconut oil has helped to clear up almost 80% of the eczema spots I get on my skin!
2. Removing eye make up- coconut oil works on waterproof mascara! This oil does a great job if breaking down waxy, inky eye makeup. It also leaves the delicate skin around the eye hydrated too.
3. To shave your legs- coconut oil has skin smoothing properties, and is not full of chemicals and preservatives like most bar soaps or shaving creams!
4. Body scrub- coconut oil can be combined with sugar, to make the ultimate body scrub! The coconut oil moisturizes while the sugar gently smooths away dead skin and debris. It's all natural and your skin will love it!
5. Hair- Extra virgin coconut oil can be used as a deep conditioner for ALL hair types. Simply apply to strands, cover with plastic cap/bag and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly.
Coconut oil can be used as a sealant for kinkier hair types, which means that it can be used over a water based moisturizer or leave in to keep hair moisturized. It can also be used as a "pre-poo", to help aid in detailing and mositurizing before shampooing the hair.
6. Weight loss- ingesting a tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil daily, along with a low calorie diet can promote weight loss.
7. Metabolism- coconut oil can help to boost and regulate your metabolism, keeping it under control. Along with regular exercise, this is also and added benefit to promote weight loss.
8. Oral health- coconut oil has been found to be an alternative from common toothpastes. It hardens tooth enamel, and reduces oral infections such as gum disease.
9. Oil pulling- bacteria in the mouth can be removed with this method. Simply take a tablespoon of coconut oil, and swish it around in your mouth for 10-20 minutes. The bacteria get "stuck" in the oil and dissolve in the liquid oil.
10. Infections- coconut oil contains cap relic and capric fatty acid. These acids fight bacterial and viral infections, by preventing organisms from growing.
I hope all of these fun facts and tips help you make the decision to start using coconut oil. It's awesome to have around the house not only for cooking, but for daily use on your body and hair!
Let me know if you guys have any questions! Don't forget to comment and subscribe :-)