Thursday, October 10, 2013

Moisturizing: water and glycerin mix


Greetings everyone! 
For the past couple of weeks, I have been trying a new method of moisturizing my hair, more specifically my ends. I recently bought a large bottle of glycerin from my local BSS. 
Glycerin is classified as a humectant. It draws in and absorbs moisture from it's surroundings. This is one of the reasons why glycerin is a great ingredient in most hair care and skin care products.  Glycerin helps to retain moisture in dry hair, which can and will lead to growth and length retention. 
Mixing glycerin and water is and cheap moisturizer than be used for most curly girls all year around. 

I spray my hair with this mixture 40% glycerine and 60% water every other day.  Sometimes I spray my hair every day depending on how dry my hair is. This is especially important in the winter! I the. Seal with a butter, such as qhemet biologics alma and olive heavy cream, or carols daughter healthy hair butter.


Moisturizing your hair is very important in terms or length retention and the over all health of your hair! It is very important to know what products to use on your hair, to ensure that it stays moisturized.

No comments:

Post a Comment