Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Product Review: Eden Bodyworks Jojoba & monoi all natural Deep Conditioner

I have been dying to get my hands on this conditioner for some time now. After reading reviews on www.naturallycurly.com , Curlmart's Instagram page and other various blogs, I've read mostly good things about this stuff. I've always seen the Eden Bodyworks hair care line at Walmart's and Sally's, but because there are so many new natural hair care lines out today I never thought to try it out. I picked up the conditioner on a whim while grocery shopping one day just to give it a try. As I stated in an earlier post, I'm still on the look out for that staple deep conditioner, for times when I don't feel like making my own homemade concoction.
Sundays are usually my scheduled wash days, unless I'm to lazy or to busy that day to get it done. I co washed my hair with my beloved As I Am coconut cowash in 4 sections. *working with my thick hair, in sections is A LOT easier for me* . After washing, I parted those 4 sections already made into 2 sections, while applying this product. I started at my ends and worked all the way up to my roots, making sure not to apply to much. This product is really THICK. Not that I'm complaining because my hair needs thick products to penetrate it. But when using this you don't need a lot of it. I could immediately feel it working into my hair! After applying I used my deep conditioning bonnet purchased from Sally's, & heat conditioned my hair for about 45 minutes. I proceeded to rinse off in the shower, and once I took of the conditioning bonnet my hair was SO soft! My ends were so hydrated, I could tell because my ends were curled and shiny. Once I rinsed all of the product out is used ACV (apple cidar vinegar) to give my hair a final rinse.
Overall, I give this product a 4/5. It was thick, and it gave my hair great moisture:. The only reason it gets a 4/5 is because the smell wasn't what I expected. The smell was very strong, that of tea tree oil or mint and I didn't really care for it.
This product can be purchased online, at Walmart, Sally's or even some targets carry it. The price point was really good, this was about $8.99 at Walmart. For that price and the amount given in the container, you can't beat what you receive from this deep conditioner!
Please let me know if you have any questions. Don't be afraid to go an pick up and try it out!

Peace & Love,
Dani



No comments:

Post a Comment