Friday, April 12, 2013

Straight hair: 2 yrs & 8 months natural!

So a few posts ago, I stated that I probably wouldn't be straightening my hair until my 3 year anni in August. Lol, well I lied. I decided to go ahead and straighten my hair last night, just to check my progress and for my BFF's bridal shower this weekend. From start to finish, wash, blow dry & flat iron it took me about 4 1/2 hours. This is one of the main reasons why I do not straighten my hair often. Lol straightening brought back memories of the hair salon, and the long hours and processes of getting my hair done. Anyways, my hair has grown considerably since my last flat iron in October 2012. It is about an inch away from bra strap length. In october 2012 my hair was at little past collar bone length. My hair is definitely healthier, shinier and my ends are not as split as the last time I flat ironed. I have to say that deep conditioning once a week ,doing sporadic ACV rinses and NOT using heat at all, has helped me to retain major length. I can also say that protective styling has helped also. Wearing my hair in a protective styles during the week, has helped preserve my ends and has helps my hair grow faster than usual. I will continue my current regimens, and in a year or so I hope to be at mid back length when flat ironed!!!
I used a carols daughter macadamia oil heat protectant. I out it on before i blow dried my hair and a little before I flat ironed. I love it because it leaves my hair soft and shiny, and also prevents frizz. The only thing about that heat protectant is the PRICE.
Let me know if you guys have any questions about techniques used to flat iron and blow dry. & if you want to know what kind of flat iron I used.

-Dani























1 comment:

  1. Dani so pretty! Congrats and I wish you much success on all your ventures!!! Ps my hair is about an inch away from my bra strap as well yay!! I noticed that my bck grows much faster than my front my sister had to cut it into layers because it was so off and that took away from my length :(.....

    ReplyDelete