Monday, March 11, 2013

Guest feature: Meet gorgeous natural Aisha!!!

Meet fellow natural & my beautiful cousin, Aisha!!!! She gives her tips and opinions about natural hair, confidence & enjoying what you've got!!!

1. Please introduce yourself!

Hi everyone! My name is Aisha. I’m a Social Worker and co-founder of the female street wear clothing line, TooChic.

2. Why did you decide to go natural/ become chemical free?

I got tired of conforming to fit in. I finally embraced "the real me".

3. How would you describe your natural hair texture?

My natural hair texture is wavy.

4. Describe your most recent style regimen within the last month.

Recently I've been protecting my hair with a sew-in due to the cold weather and working out.

5. What's your go to hairstyle(s)

My go to hairstyle is my afro and my fade, both of these hairstyles are so flexible and easy to manage. However, my box braids are my staple hairstyle, I love box braids because they allow you to be creative and they are a great protective hairstyle in the world of natural hair. Plus, box braids define my personality and style best.

6. Do you have a specific wash regimen?

I use a sulfate free shampoo, because it will not strip your hair of its moisture.
I use a moisturizing conditioner, it helps with detangling my hair and it keeps it soft. I also use a leave in conditioner, it helps restore shine and luster.

7. What are some of your favorite hair products?

I'm always trying something new! But some of my favorite hair products includes: Carol's Daughter products and Oyin Handmade products. I also like Khoret Amen Hair Oil, Miss Jessie’s Curly Pudding and Burt’s Bees Hair Repair Deep Conditioner.

8. So you have any natural hair goals?

*To increase my water intake to keep my scalp hydrated.

*To use less heat as possible.
*Continue taking vitamins that aid in hair health.
*To only use products that I know works for my hair.
*By summer of 2014 I am hoping to be bra strap length when stretched.

9. Do you have any advice for other new naturals or those aspiring to be natural?

*Don't be afraid to try new things.
*Use You Tube to find new natural hair styles and products.
*Be patient!

*You can follow Aisha on Instagram @_aishabernice or you can follow her on twitter @shewholives! Feel free to leave any comments or questions you may have*









No comments:

Post a Comment