Thursday, March 14, 2013

Min twists up do !

Hello everyone!
I'm sure by now, you can tell how much I love mini twists as a protective style and as an all around go to style in general. I try to wear my hair up and out of the way at least 3-4 days out of the week. This keeps my damaged prone ends from drying out, and keeps me from playing in my hair so much. Healthy ends are a must in regards to length retention, because the ends are the oldest part of our hair. My next hair goal is to get to bra strap length when stretched/flat ironed. I hope to get there by the time I hit 3 years natural in August! Last night I co washed with my new favorite As I am coconut co wash, and deep conditioned with my new conditioning bonnet purchased from Sally's for 10$ ( it was $1 off, so I really got it for $9 and some change). I let the heated bonnet sit on my head for about 30-45 minutes and rinsed out the conditioner. I then proceeded to twist my entire head, using the keracare natural textures leave in conditioner and the butter cream. I covered with my satin bonnet and went to bed. This morning, I pinned my hair up all over, bringing the front twists to the side and towards the back, and bringing the back twists, upwards towards the top of my head. I then used 2 black goody headbands in the front, to give security to front twists to make sure they stay put. I will be wearing these twists for the next 3 days, and may unravel them for the weekend :-) how do you protect your tresses? What are your favorite go to protective styles?











No comments:

Post a Comment