Monday, February 11, 2013

Braid outs & moisture :-)

Braid outs are my favorite way to stretch my tightly coiled hair. When any type of moisture or water touches my hair, my hair shrinks up a lot!!!!
This past weekend I decided to clarify my hair and deep condition. Here's a little recap of products used and steps followed:
I washed with keracare naturals cleansing cream. This does a great job of really getting buildup off of my scalp and getting my strands squeaky clean!!!! I then proceeded to deep condition with one n' only Argan oil moisturizing deep conditioner. As I've said before in a previous post I'm on the hunt for a great deep conditioner, and so I bought a 99 cent pack of this at Sally's beauty supply. It worked wonderfully! After shampooing in 4 sections, I proceeded to apply this conditioner in 4 sections. Placed a plastic cap over my head and let it sit for about 2 hours. Once I rinsed it out, my hair was so soft! I then proceeded to do an ACV ( apple cider vinegar rinse) ACV removes product build up and cleanses the hair completely
(more to come on ACV rinses!).
After clarifying with ACV I used the LOC method to moisturize and braid my hair into sections for the braid out. Products used for the LOC method were,WATER, Shea moisture restorative conditioner & Africa's best herbal oil. I let dry over night, woke up this morning & lightly blow dried my hair at the roots. I do this because it takes FOREVER for my hair to dry, and because I like to stretch out the braids a little to obtain some length. Unbraid, fluff & go!!! Simple yet easy style for everyday :-) To maintain this style for the week, I will re-braid in bigger sections at night :-)





















No comments:

Post a Comment