Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Guest feature: Meet fellow Natural Ebony!!!

I am proud to introduce the first featured natural on confessions of a natural gal, Ebony!!!!! She has always embraced her natural curls and loves to try different styles! If you have any question for her specifically please leave comments below :-)

1. Please introduce yourself!

Hello, My name is Ebony!!!

2. Why did you decide to go natural/ become chemical free?

When I was younger I had very long curly hair and against my mother's will someone permed my hair. From then on when I got older I would get a perm every six months to a year until I just completely stopped getting them around age 17. I will soon be 25. My hair has been very long, but I've cut in it and colored it many times so now I'm about shoulder blade length.

3. How would you describe your natural hair texture?

My hair texture is kind of weird... I have one side that's extremely soft and curly and yet another side that's a little more corse. None the less it's very easy to manage although its very thick!

4. Describe your most recent style regimen within the last month.

My recent styles have been the Bantu Knot out and just a huge bun on top of my head lol.

5. What's your go to hairstyle(s)

I would say these are my go to styles but I sometimes pull of a basic twist out or a mohawk.

6. Do you have a specific wash regimen?

Normally when I wash my hair I do it in the shower to insure that all product is washed completely out. Normally when finished, I Bantu Knot my hair. But for protective styling I put my hair in a tight bun to protect my ends.

7. What are some of your favorite hair products?

I have recently started using the As I Am line. I wash with the coconut co-wash, I then de-tangle my hair using a wide tooth comb... every 2 weeks I deep condition with the Hydration Elation. But in between I use the leave in conditioner. I moisturize with Shea butter oil and butter cream. So far the only products that have given me the results I wanted are the As I Am products, but I am looking for a product that will promote less hair shedding.

8. Do you have any natural hair goals?

I don't really have a hair goal as of now, because I have had really long hair and it can be a lot to handle. As long as my hair is full and healthy I'm happy.

9. Do you have any advice for other new naturals or those aspiring to be natural?

My biggest advice to anyone inquiring about being natural is to never allow anyone to talk you out of being natural. There are still some people who can not accept a woman in her natural form but I feel there is nothing more beautiful. You'll often hear "it doesn't look good on everyone" but as long as you know how to make the look "you", I promise you'll love it. The journey of being natural is a bit much at first but push through it... It gets easier and it's so worth it in the end. Just continue to love yourself, love your hair, and love the skin you were created in! Remember only the strong will survive. God Bless you my natural beauties, Ebony.









No comments:

Post a Comment