Friday, February 15, 2013

Twist & curl style :-)

Hello!
How's everyone been? I tried a style for my valentines date tonight and I'm loving it! This is called the "twist & curl". Products used were: water, Shea moisture restorative conditioner, and ampro olive oil gel. I had in a protective style for about 3 days, and got tired of it. Lol. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love switching up my styles, I get bored with the same things.

How I created this style:
Sectioned the hair, and sprayed ends of hair with water. ( Not to much because my hair shrinks up ALOT! I wanted to keep some length) I applied the Shea moisture restorative conditioner from root to tip, and then finger combed it through. (My ends are the driest part of my hair and I have to moisturize them daily.) I then proceeded to apply the ampro olive oil gel (not a lot of the hair will get crunchy) and two-strand twisted the hair. I used perm rods, purchased at my local beauty supply store and rolled up the ends of my hair until the rod reached half of the twist. Did this all over my head, put on my bonnet & enjoyed my night :-)
This morning, I took out the perm rods first, untwisted the twists and then separated the hair and fluffed. Voila! Fabulous, cute twists with curls. I think this will be my go to style for the summer :-) ill be wearing this for the next couple days until its time for a wash.
Let me know if you have questions!!!

-Dani








8 comments:

  1. Looks really cute! In the future could you post pics of you going through the process before you get to the finished product? That would be fantastic! I am 7 months into transition and your blog gives me hope! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Yes, Im so sorry. I realized after took them out this morning that i should have taken pictures with the perm rods in and the twists. I will definetly do that from now on! Thanks for your comments! Stay tuned for more information.

      Delete
    2. dont forget to subscribe! Thanks so much for joining my page :-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! I put the products I used in the description. I used perm rods on the ends of the twists and I used a gel with a medium hold along with a leave in.

      Delete
  3. I am loving this! Looks great can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much! Im sorry I forgot to put pics of the step by step process.

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! This is a great blog and I hope you go far with this please share with Essence..let's get them to sponsor a booth for you including the products you use and promote at Essence Music Festival! You are on to a very big thing. Your grandma and Mom are proud as I am. You come from a long line of hair care professionals!

    ReplyDelete