Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My best friends wedding & roller set woes...


Hi all!
Yes, yes I know. I've been dropping the ball when it comes to my blog! My apologies!!!! Things have been so hectic lately! Work, school, participating in my BFF's wedding and other things. But I promise *scouts honor* to do better when it comes to posting. I will try to post at least once a week and keep you guys updated on my hair, products and anything that's changed.
So this past weekend I was In my best friend India's wedding. It was a wonderful wedding to say the least, and she made a beautiful bride! Now, as far as Janice (my fro) goes, I decided to wear a roller set for the wedding. I did this because: #1 I've never tried this style before, and #2 I needed a low maintenance style due to the weather we were expecting that weekend. (Rain, humidity, wetness. All bad for natural hair styles :-/ ). I went to a best cuts salon, in Cleveland. I went there because since I've been natural I don't have a beautician to see and I THOUGHT it would take a short period of time to get in and get out. Well I was WRONG. I waited 2 hours before I even sat in the chair and it took about 1 and 1/2 hrs to complete the set and get me under the dryer. * I reminded myself once again why I went natural, and why I hate salons* moving on...
The roller set came out ok. It wasn't what I expected, but then again, I'm not really sure what I expected.lol I have fluffy, coily, curly type 4 hair that's shrinks to the heavens when wet. So when the roller set was done I had MAJOR shrinkage. It held up pretty well that day and the next day, which was the actual day of the wedding. I did get a lot of compliments on it, which was surprising because after a while I felt like it was frizzy and limp. Next time I decide to do a roller set, (if and when I do), I will definitely be doing my own at home and not going to the salon EVER again! Not sure what products the beautician used. But I'll post some pics below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment